We Are Committed to Our Customers, Our Employees and Our Community.
Kazmaier’s has been serving customers in Perrysburg since 1898. Started by Henry A. Kazmaier on Louisiana Avenue, our original store was basically a food and dry goods store. In 1905 Henry bought out the meat market next door. With a special eye for quality and value, Henry’s business continued to grow. Henry enjoyed his success for several years before selling to Robert Kazmaier in 1915. Robert died at a young age and the business was sold to his brother Harvey Kazmaier in 1919. He operated until 1938. By this time Robert’s sons, Robert and Allen, became interested and bought the business from their uncle Harvey.
Robert and Al continued to grow the business with exceptional customer service and outstanding meat department. At that time a large part of our business was done by home delivery service. Many weekends and holidays were spent working well into the night. As their business grew, they decided to build a new and larger location at 127 E. Second Street. In 1980 we opened an additional location at 2512 Holland Rd in Maumee.
We have long since given up the home delivery service, but continue to operate by the same business practices that worked for the first 100 years. We’ve always prided ourselves on a great selection of specialty foods, finest meats and freshest produce, always searching for items not readily available in the large impersonal stores. We pledge to you, the customer, continued exceptional customer service, the areas finest meats, freshest produce, and competitive prices in an appealing “hometown” atmosphere.